Be My Guest. . .

This is a post that I did last November.  I am sharing it with Nancy at Joyful Cottage for her Every Room in the House Party.

I have always loved company.  Something that I inherited from my sweet mother.  Her motto was:  The more the merrier!

I feel blessed that hosting a party or having friends and family coming doesn’t cause me stress.   Just always look forward to ‘letting the good times roll’!

Just sayin, “Be My Guest”!  I a-DOOR you!

Today I am sharing our basement guest bedroom.  This is where our daughter, Kylee and her husband, Dustin will be sleeping for a few months.

IMG_2733

The colors in this room were all centered around this rag rug.  One that I have had for a long time.  It was being stored in my sons garage.  Thought it would work great in this guest bedroom.  I picked up the  vintage plates at thrift stores and yard sales.  I already had the pictures and they were the perfect colors.

IMG_2766

The headboard is an old door.  It was already painted this color.  Matched the rug perfectly!  I made pillow shams out of old Battenberg lace curtains.

IMG_2734

IMG_2735

The pillow in front was given to me by my cousin, Betty.  It was an old quilt block of her Aunts.  I added the cameo in the middle.  I also draped the curtain valance across the top of the bed.  I made the pink pillow from an old chenille pillow sham and added the wool flower.

IMG_2740

I purchased this King size duvet on sale at Thanksgiving Point for $89.  I love toile and ticking.  It was a win win for me!

IMG_2741

Even though the bed is Queen I bought King size so it could puddle on the floor.

IMG_2777

I picked up the pink lace at an estate sale for $2.  The quilt draped across the bottom is one that I made.

IMG_2742

The night table came out of my hubbies mothers childhood home.   I added a few of my vintage treasures.

IMG_2738

I showed the Armoire Redo in another post.

IMG_2746

IMG_2759

IMG_2761IMG_2762

Kylee found this great suitcase at a thrift shop in Hungary.  I placed it in the room of a reminder of their wonderful travel adventures.

IMG_2745

This botanical print is one that I bought them when they were married.  I knew she wouldn’t mind if I ‘borrowed’ it to hang in this room.

IMG_2770

IMG_2768

The curtains are gorgeous lace that my friend, Amanda found at a thrift shop.

IMG_2743

IMG_2767

I filled the blue jars with dried hydrangeas and made a wreath to hang on the wall.  The photo is of three of my granddaughters when they were younger.

IMG_2764

I made the paper wreath for Valentines a few years ago.  The colors worked right into this room.

IMG_2758

Here’s a view looking in from the outside.  I bought an old chandelier and painted it cream.  Haven’ hung it yet.

IMG_2772

I knew that some of the things in this room would be a little too ‘girly’ for Kylee’s taste.  She has her own wonderful unique style.  I told her she was welcome to switch  things out with some of her own while they were staying here.  It will be fun to see the change.

Do you like having guests?

hugs,

Jann

I will be sharing with these fun parties:

Savvy Southern Style for Wow

Ivy and Elephants for What's it Weds.?

No Minimalist Here for Open House Party

A Delightsome Life for Home and Garden Thursday

Rose Chintz Cottage for Home

 

 

38 comments

camp and cottage living said...

Jan
The guest room look so cozy. I love that you have a story behind so many of your pieces!
I like company, especially my family!

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hi Jann, the room is just beautiful. I love the way you decorate and make everything feel so homey and comfortable but yet at the same time look stylish! My mom had a house that was decorated in your style but she sold it a 2 years ago to move into a smaller house. When I look at your house it reminds me of hers! Thanks so much for sharing the inside of your beautiful home with us. I do enjoy looking at it a lot. Have a great day.
Julie

Susie said...

That is a very nice and homey guest room. Love the headboard door. xoxo,Susie

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

I love having overnight guests too, Jann. And your guest room is inviting and throughtful and looks excellent.

Can't wait to come visit now! :-p

NanaDiana said...

What a wonderful guest room. I know the kids are going to feel at home and treasured while they are with you. You have done a great job there- xo Diana

The Old Parsonage said...

I love having guests. Out Texans were just here and I spoiled them rotten.

I Love your room! Every thing is perfect and I'd feel special and at home there.

Love your style!

Leann

Junkchiccottage said...

Jann,
The room looks so inviting and I am sure your daughter and son in law will love staying with you for a few months. How fun to have them back home with you. Enjoy these times together.
Kris

priscilla said...

Fabulous Jann ! Love the door turned headboard ! So many great details !

Stacey said...

Jann, the room is so pretty and old fashioned. I bet they'll love staying in there. I love all the things you've collected to put the room together.

Stacey said...

Jann, the room is so pretty and old fashioned. I bet they'll love staying in there. I love all the things you've collected to put the room together.

Bernideen said...

Your guest room is ready and waiting! Looks very sweet and I love the pillow which I first thought was made from neckties! That is really cute!

Ivy and Elephants said...

Just perfect, so many special touches, one can't help but feel at home. Gorgeous!
Hugs,
Patti

Shirley Hatfield said...

It's lovely, Jann. I love it when my daughter's family comes down from Idaho to visit...there are eight of them, so I am glad I have three spare rooms...lol! Madi still sleeps on the basement sofa...probably to watch TV when the rest are sleeping. Enjoy your visitors!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

I need to adopt your attitude, Jann! I love visiting with my family when they stay here, but I let myself get stressed about unimportant things when I'm getting the house ready for them.

Your guest room is looking very warm and welcoming!

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

we have guest pretty often. Right now we have a girl who has been here for 3 weeks and ready to get back on her feet after she started a job. We also guest friends and family passing by as well as missionaries. When my parents come to visit they usually stay 3 to 4 weeks

Debby Ray said...

Jann, can I come be your guest?? The room is SO cozy and comfy...love all of the soft tones and pretties everywhere. I love having company but the true gift of hospitality comes from God...I have to work at it :(

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Very welcoming with all the special touches!

Unknown said...

So warm and welcoming! I think they'll love staying in this room. I really like how you have brought everything together here! Thanks for your earlier visit!

Jemma@athomewithjemma said...

Jann,
Cozy, welcoming and perfectly wonderful for your sweet family! Lucky them to have you!
Jemma

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

It's about the prettiest guest room I've seen. So sweet! I wouldn't change a thing if I got to stay there! You did a beautiful job with the linens and soft colors!
Thanks for sharing-
Erica :)

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie said...

What a fabulous room you've created Jann! Can I come stay after they're done with it?? Everything goes together so well. The striped nightstand is so adorable. I wouldn't change a thing! Your new/old armoir looks amazing in there. I'm so impressed!

Many blessings, Edie Marie

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Such a cozy and inviting room with all of your special touches! They might not want to ever leave :)

Di said...

This room looks so cozy Jann. I love toile and ticking too it makes me feel warm and comfy.

lynne said...

Jann, that room has so many features that have such wonderful history! How great for your daughter to be able wake up there.

Winnie said...

Beautiful room!
I must say that the bed is my favorite!! I love romantic style

Lucky daughter you have :)

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Jann, Thank you for sharing your beautiful guest room at the Open House party. Everything is lovely and I adore the armoire.
xx,
Sherry

lynn cockrell said...

Jann, your guest room is perfectly lovely.It is so cozy, serene with a nice mix that works so well together.

Rose L said...

Well I know where I want to stay if ever our in your neck of the woods!!!

cynthia lee designs said...

Your guest room looks so cozy and inviting!! It's so very pretty!!!
Hugs,
Cindy

Cynthia said...

Jann, this guest room is so pretty and welcoming. LOVE all the accessories!!

Cynthia

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

You've made the room very comfy, Jann. I love the bedding and I am still loving that armoire! Thanks for sharing at my HOME.

Blessings,
Sandi

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

I bet your daughter will love sleeping in that room, it's so cosy and happy thanks to the colours you used. I love the botanical print!

Fran said...

What a lovely guest room. Your daughter and her husband will feel like they're living in a warm, cozy hug! To answer your question--I LOVE having guests, throwing parties, having friends over for dinner or just to watch T.V. The more, the merrier! :) --Fran

Two Cottages And Tea said...

Beautiful and so comfy looking! Bet you had fun decorating! Love the bluebird platter on the wall and the duvet! I love having company, too.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Absolutely love this room, Jann!!
So pretty! And filled with so much eye candy!!
Thanks so much for always stopping by!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Jeanette@Creating a Life Studio said...

What a charming and cozy room. How wonderful that you can offer that to them!
We have an unusual 'guest' situation coming up. We will be away in California over Christmas and the New Year holiday. Our dear friends are coming back to the U.S. after 3 years away and will be staying at our home while we are gone. I get the fun of getting our whole house ready to welcome them "home" for Christmas!

Kathy said...

Wow! Love all the special touches in this guest bedroom. Gorgeous! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
Kathy

A Joyful Cottage said...

I love how everything works together in this guest room, Jann. Fabulous armoire! Thanks for sharing at Every Room In The House. It will be featured tomorrow. xxx~Nancy

Instagram