Peace on Earth

Hello all, and welcome to the Creating Christmas Party! Jann’s Daughter, Kylee, here. I hacked into my moms blog to launch this exciting blog party. Some of you may know, my husband and I just got back from a year long trip traveling the world. We spent time vagabonding about in Europe and Africa and made some incredible memories. We have been home for only a month, but made it back just in time for the holidays!

My mom was kind enough to let me decorate the basement where we have been living. Of course I wanted to stick to the travel theme so I grabbed all my vintage globes, some vintage suitcases and gave them a Christmas glow.

IMG_3563

IMG_3553

A snowy garland, adorned with vintage glitter snowflakes and peace signs spreading peace to the friends and family that visit us.

IMG_3528

IMG_3525

Vintage books are the home to little glitter houses, Christmas postcards from travels, and of course another globe.

IMG_3538

IMG_3530

I hope you all enjoyed my travel inspired Christmas décor. But more importantly I hope you all can strive to create more peace on this beautiful earth. Love, Kylee

IMG_3541

Hop over to Carlene’s at Organized Clutter and share your Vintage Christmas

                                       Creating Christas Image

Peace,

Kylee

sharing with:

One More Time Events for Share it One More Time

From My Front Porch to Yours for 3rd Annual Christmas Mantel Party

2013christmasmantelpartysidebar

23 comments

Salmagundi said...

Kylee--You obviously have your Mother's talent to make everything festive! Enjoy your holidays. Sally

Stacey said...

Looks great! I love that you incorporated things that are meaningful at this time in your life. :)

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

Fun and funky Christmas decor!!!!!!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

What a wonderful "Peace on Earth" theme you've brought to life in your mother's home!

Denise said...

Seems perfect for You blessed travelers

priscilla said...

Nice to meet you Kylee ! Your decorating is beautiful !!

Kris said...

Kylee!!! Hellooooo! I love how you have decorated and added your own touch to your new digs! Your Mama is overjoyed to have you home!!!! I bet you have some fabulous tales to tell!!!
XO Kris

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hi Kylee, I love the way you decorated your space for Christmas! How exciting to have traveled all over the world! Julie at Julie's Lifestyle

Leovi said...

Beautiful pictures, beautiful decorative and creative idea! I love these original Christmas creations!

bj said...

OOO, I love your style.
Everything looks awesome, girl.
Here from Carlene's.

Anonymous said...

Hi there, Kylee! I love your sense of style! ♥

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree now, does it? Kylee, welcome back - and this is very well done.

Peace be with you, God bless.

Diane said...

I love your peace on earth theme. Your Christmas decor is so pretty and festive!

NanaDiana said...

Love it! You can hack Mom's blog anytime cuz I can tell you are a pretty talented young lady! Love your Peace On Earth-you have done a great job! xo Diana

Art and Sand said...

What a fun travel themed Christmas.

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Well I see you have talent like your mother! What a great themed mantel- especially after your world traveling experience! Love the vintage suitcase arrangement!

Shannon said...

Once again, beautiful!

ThrifterSisters said...

Looks awesome, Kylee! I love how you mixed in your travel theme with vintage globes & suitcases. They are both items that I love to collect and just may have to incorporate into my décor next year.

Have a great day,

Erica

must love junk said...

Kylee, you've got style! I LOVE the globes and the suitcases and the way you've mixed them in with the holiday decor! Your mom better watch out-soon you'll be decorating the whole house with your wonderful touch ;)
Susan

Junkchiccottage said...

Kylee,
You have your mom's decor touch. I love what you did with decorating. It is so much fun you could put a little of your travels and self into the Christmas decor. Just beautiful.
Kris

farmhouse-story said...

i love the mantle--esp. the globes, kylee! the vintage suitcases, books and peace are such special touches, too!

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

It looks great. I love that the globes that reminds you of your travels, also reminds me that this is a time of celebration in many countries and in different religions.

Fran said...

Hello Kylee! Looks like you've inherited your Mom's flair for decorating! Great job!

Instagram