Rustic Christmas

I gotta tell ya, I love me some rustic Christmas décor!  Today our ‘Creating Christmas’ party will be hosted over at Susan’s from Must Love Junk.  We would love for you to hop over and link up your Rustic Christmas’!  Also, It’s not to late to link your Vintage Christmas with Carlene at Organized Clutter or your White Christmas with Kris at Junk Chic Cottage.  Each party will stay open a week so please join in!

                                                              Creating Christas Image

Don’t forget to join Tracie at Fishtail Cottage  for your Cottage Christmas décor and  moi for your Sugar and Spice!

I decorated my dining table with a few of my rustic finds and I think it’s one of my favorites this year.  My family is also loving it, because it’s quite a bit less than usual and easily removed.

 IMG_3651                                                                        

I always get a few eyes rolling when we decide to play games during the holidays and it has to be cleared.  I know YOU know what I’m talking about.  Please don’t tell me that you’ve never gotten an eye roll!  lol!

I brought one of my old chicken  feeders in from the garden and filled it with fresh pine boughs, vintage ornaments and mercury glass votive cups.

On one end I tucked in a rustic piece of wooden trim and a vintage garden hand shovel.    My book page tree I made last year stands behind.

IMG_3650

One day I was trying to think of what I could hang from the chandelier that would go with the rustic charm of the table.  Then it came to me, “why not clay pots?”

IMG_3646

Perfect!  I love how these long skinny ones resemble bells.

IMG_3647

What other rustic things might you find on a farm besides a chicken feeder?  Well certainly an old tractor!  You can bet that it would be used to haul trees.  This one was given to me by my older sister.

IMG_3649

I love these rusty heavy duty springs that I bought at the last fleattitude.  Super inexpensive too!

IMG_3653

I corralled together three of my frogs and added some cards I have collected.

IMG_3652

Simple. . .but, I love it!

IMG_3657

I have one other thing on my kitchen island that I thought was a bit rustic.  It’s my large wooden garden cloche.  I filled it with old clocks to represent ‘Christmas TIME’.

IMG_3662

A little play on words.  My friend, Joyce gave me this clay ‘Christmas Thyme’ garden stake years ago.  One of my favorite little treasures!

IMG_3661

Let’s take a peek inside.

IMG_3659

Five old clocks found at thrift stores and estate sales sitting atop old books with the covers removed and tied together with vintage bias tape.  It all rests upon two wooden red chargers and I threw in a strand of silver beads for some bling.

IMG_3660

And here it is with the cover removed.

IMG_3663

How about you?  Do you love a little ‘rustic Christmas’!

hugs,

Jann

8 comments

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

Seriously Jann, you are like me. You have enough stuff to pull off any style of Christmas decorating! Love the springs!

bj said...

It's all lookin' goood.....:)

must love junk said...

Jann, of course I LOVE all your rustic touches! The tractor and the springs are so fun! :)
Susan

Debby Ray said...

Really cute decorations! I would have never thought to use many of those items as Christmas decor but you pulled it off beautifully! I am partial to those old clocks!

Jeannie Marie said...

Yes I do! I like the frogs as card holders! Very, very cute! These would feature my special photo cards from my kids. Great idea!

cynthia lee designs said...

I love your rustic Christmas decor!! I have some rustic touches for Christmas too.
Hugs,
Cindy

Unknown said...

I love it! Using everyday rustic items with some Christmas touches, great vignettes!

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

I love the clock collection! The bell pots are very cute! It's all beautiful!

Instagram