Winter Frolic Mantle. . .

Don’t you just love that word Frolic?

Just saying it makes me want to run about and play!

My Winter Frolic garland was the inspiration for my transition mantle.

WINTER MANTLE 001

that’s what I call the time between Christmas and Valentines.  Because it’s a bit too early to put out my Valentines dĂ©cor, but not really in the mood to go with the every day. I opted to celebrate the Winter season.

I layered it with a glitter snowflake garland.

WINTER MANTLE 008

I love my vintage white deer.  They were given to me by my cousin, Betty.  I can imagine them frolicking in the snow. I gave one of them some height by placing him on a book bundle.

WINTER MANTLE 010

Metal snowflakes attached to dowels are placed in blue bottles filled with rice.

WINTER MANTLE 012

Sprays of crystals and pom poms give a frosty feel.  I placed a small white pinecone ornament inside a nest.

WINTER MANTLE 013

WINTER MANTLE 002

I found the sweet glitzy ice skates a few years ago at Kohls.

WINTER MANTLE 006

I recently found the cute etched bird bottle at Wal-Mart.

I placed a few snowy white items in my little divided box.

WINTER MANTLE 003

WINTER MANTLE 004

WINTER MANTLE 016

I left my sled on the hearth and  joined it with one of my snowmen.

WINTER MANTLE 015

Yup, this will hold me for a few weeks.  Then lots of Love will be showing up around here.

How about you?  What do you do to get you through the transition period between holidays?

hugs,

Jann

Yahoo!  I’m stepping up in the world.  I now have a facebook page for Have a daily Cup.  I would love if you hopped over and Liked it!  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Have-a-Daily-Cup-of-Mrs-Olson-Blog/633985239993063

I will be joining these great parties:

The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sunday

Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

A Stroll thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday

20 comments

Linda W. said...

Wow - you have a decoration for every season! These are great!

priscilla said...

Fabulous mantel ! I have those skates from KOhls :)

sweetbriardreams said...

Beautiful frolicking ideas! I think between the Christmas holiday and Valentine's day it is more of a list making period for the garden and home in my world. Preparation once again! Happy New year to you and yours x

Deb said...

Love the mantel. It would make me happy every time I walked by. I agree that 'frolic' is a wonderful word right up there with 'puddle'. :) Enjoyed your post. Deb

Babs said...

Cute winter fun..love the white reindeer.

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Winter Frolic is the name of our town's winter festival, that culminates with the crowning of our Winter Frolic Queen. Your mantel looks so pretty that you've got me thinking about what I can to to frolic my way through the winter!

Junkchiccottage said...

Oh Jann,
I am loving your winter frolic mantel. How sweet and pretty. Love this.
Kris

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

I love your winter frolic mantel, Jann. It's too cold to frolic here!!!!!! My car won't start this morning!!!!!

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Love the way you have decorated your winter mantel!

Marie-Interior Frugalista said...

Jann I love your winter mantlescape! I especially like the idea of adding the white pompoms to the strand of glass beads. Happy New Year!
Marie@TheInteriorFrugalista

Leslie said...

Your winter Frolic decor looks beautiful. I love winter whites!
Sooo.. to be honest, I am excited for pink hearts! : ) Working at michaels.. I was surrounded by Christmas decorations since October.. the thought of new holiday colors and themes really makes me happy!
Happy new year.

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

I'm loving all the whites and those snowflakes.

Sunflowers With Smiles said...

Loving your winter mantel and the snowflakes!

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hi Jann, I love the way your mantel looks and you decorated it so nice! Happy New Year to you and your family.
Julie

living from glory to glory said...

Dear Jann, I love the idea for decorating for the Winter season!
I am going to go look for some ideas myself and do my mantel!
I did pin a picture of your mantel on my Pinterest board!
Happy New Year! It has been so busy and now we can settle a little bit and rest up :)
Blessings, Roxy

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Love your Winter Frolic mantle. The white vintage deer and fluffy little white pom poms really set it off. This time of year, I need all of the frolicsome décor I can get.

Trisha said...

Love your mantle decor! That snowball garland is so adorable!

~Trisha

Rose L said...

My mom used to have several of those plastic deer! They had sparkles on them, but not sure she has any left as I do remember 2 have their antlers broken off.

cynthia lee designs said...

Love your mantel...it is so pretty!! I'm leaving out some snowmen, snowballs, pin ones, and white deer thru January.
Just went over to Facebook and liked your page.
Hugs,
Cindy

The Old Parsonage said...

Love it - I really don't think about my transition decor between Christmas and Valentine's Day, but I love your winter frolic theme. I keep Christmas up until the Epiphany (Jan 6) at the least. Hmmm... I'll have to see what I have around here.

Happy New Year!

Instagram