Creating Christmas-Crafting & Cooking

I have been counting the days until it was my turn to host
 'Creating Christmas"!
 
 
 
Todays theme is Crafting & Cooking.
I know what you're thinking:  "she never does cooking posts".  Well, you're right, I rarely do.  But I do enjoy cooking. I've even been told by some family and friends that I am quite good at it.  :)
 
However, give me the choice between crafting and cooking; crafting will win out every time. 
 
So today I'll be sharing some of my latest crafts.
 
Last month craft group #2 gathered and had fun Upcyling Santa
(to get instructions, go to site)
 
 
My friend Ann and I added a tree to a thrift find Santa mug.
 
And I upcycled a large tart tin.


 
 
I absolutely adore vintage tins.  This aqua Koolerwave was begging for a skating scene.
 

This was such a quick and easy craft.  I attached the skater figure using snow tex.  Then I applied modge podge to the top and sprinkled glitter.  The icicle trim is from Wal-mart.  A bleached and dyed bottle brush tree was added to a reflecter.  Then I tucked in a sparkly vintage snowflake.
 

 
The day after I made this I found these household candles at a thrift.  Love the graphics, and a perfect addition to the vignette!

 
I am in love with this next one, but I will be giving it away as a gift.  It makes me happy just knowing that one of my dear friends will enjoy it!
 

 
I found another tin and this cute angel recently.  Her wings were broken off and the flowers were chipped.  I added more flowers and some silver beads for wings.  I think she likes them.  She seems to be singing an angelic song.


 
This little snow couple were meant to go in my $5 tartan plaid lunch pail.
 
 
Look at those faces!!!!

 
I have been gathering ornaments for a few years to make a wreath.  I made a heart one a couple years ago, but finally got around to making a Christmas one.
 

 
This craft took all of about 10 minutes.  I hot glued tinsel to a star cookie cutter then using e-6000 I glued it to an old rusty clamp.  The '25' is a bingo number.  Not your traditional tree.

 
The last craft I am sharing today has a bit of 'spice' to it.
 
 
Ha, Ha, I literally dolled up some spice tins for my stitching gal friends.  I saw this idea at a local vintage market and couldn't wait to make some.  Thanks to my friend, Joanne for finding a lot of the tins for me!
 
I brushed them with modge podge and then sprinkled them with deco glitter.  I attached the little figures and trees with more of the snow tex.  I used my entire jar and hope I can find more.  I also added little mini snowballs that I picked up at Hobby Lobby.

 
That little deer and big head angels just make me smile!



Well as you can see, it's been a month full of crafty fun!
 
Now I can't wait to see what you've been craftin and cookin
 
Remember that the party will remain open until December 24th.
 
Please continue to link with the other hosts:
 
Christmas Vignettes:  Art and Sand
Christmas Trees:  Let's Add Sprinkles
Christmas Tablescapes and Kitchens:  My Thrift Store Addiction
 


23 comments

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

What wonderful crafts - you are so good at putting items together. Love the spice tin all decorated up.

Sounds like you have such fun at your crafting parties and you really come up with some wonderful ideas.

Thanks so much for giving us some inspirations on crafts.

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas.

Hugs,
Mary

Journa Ramirez said...

We love partying here. Thanks! -Journa from www.lollyjane.com

mimi_62 said...

Love it all!! Beautiful, fun post. Can't wait to get one of those spice tins!

camp and cottage living said...

Jann- All of you upcycles are adorable!! I just love the sweet tart tins you've done. I am getting a lot of inspirational ideas!

Susie said...

Jann, You just totally amaze me. So clever and crafty. I loved it all. Where do you find so much vintage stuff?? I think the seasoning tins are so sweet. That ice skater has to be rare. I think you need you own show on TV. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Curtains in My Tree said...



My favorite is the spice tins all dolled up that is just too cute with the snow all on top etc
Then I really like the plaid lunch box also and the ornaments wreath which I swear I'm going to make me one.
I added my little baby shoes I made last year

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Oh I ADORE your idea about the spice tins - you did such a great job with them - your sewing friends till love them! : - )

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

I am not sure which I love the most! Really like the skater and those spice tins are adorable! Lucky you had all those little vintage items to tuck in there.

Junkchiccottage said...

Love all these sweet ideas Jann. Just made me smile to scroll down through your post. Fun and pretty and so so cute.
Hugs,
Kris

Deanies Stash said...

Jann, it would be hard for me to pick a favorite as I love all the crafts you did! Thank you for hosting and have a great week.

xo Dianne

Rita C at Panoply said...

Jann, you have been one busy lady, my goodness! Like everyone else, it's hard to pick a favorite, but I have to say I love that Koolerwave skater and the cute tartan couple in the lunchbox! I've had one of those lunchboxes for a couple years and have yet to find the winning combination for mine. I have never heard of Koolerwave - it almost looks like a coffee mug. The tiered stnad, the wreath, the angel.....all so cute.
Thank you for hosting this party. I had fun with an easy craft that came from something I picked up from the beach at Naples, FL of all places! Naples to the North Pole. ;)
Rita

Pamela Gordon said...

Oh Jann. I just love your sweet vintage crafts you're making. They are wonderful to see and you have a great imagination to create them. Have a good weekend! Pam

Mindi@MyLove2Create said...

They are all awesome, you have been having fun!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Those snowmen are soooo cute!! I love the spice container decorations---They would look so pretty on a kitche Christmas tree!

Merry Christmas, Jann. Thank you for making me smile every week with your "FYC" link up!

Art and Sand said...

Well, aren't you clever with your spice tins and all the other crafts.

Everything is so cute.

Thanks for hosting the party

Sandi Magle said...

Oh Jann, your creations are so cute, fab, wonderful----just love them. I have three domes sitting on my buffet waiting to become winterized. I will have to use some of your ideas, love your special touch, Sandi. Merry Christmas!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

So many adorable crafts! I'm afraid I didn't get any crafting done this year. You inspire me to do more next year! Hugs.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Jann,
I adore all your beautiful crafts!! I would have loved to have crafted more for Christmas this year. I realize that with still working , I should do Christmas crafting in the Summer....
Thanks so much for hosting!! And thanks for always taking the time to stop by!!
Hugs,
Debbie

Unknown said...

Hi Jann! :)
This is my favorite time of the year...and my favorite time for visiting blogs to see what Christmas crafting everyone is up to!
Love all the link ups here!!
Merry Christmas! Hugs, Kimberley

Oliva Ohlson said...

OMG...all of your Christmas crafts are so beautiful and unique. All are my favorite, but the Schilling spice cans are my favorite!!!!

My thrift store addiction said...

Oh Jann, your adorable vintage crafts are too cute! Love those little spice tins! Thank you so much for hosting and organizing Creating Christmas! Hugs & Merry Christmas to you, Friend!

Jeanie said...

I was loving everything in this post until I saw the spice tins. And then I squealed with total, out-loud joy! Those are fabulous and I only wish I'd thought of them before! Incredible. We have a tinseled cookie cutter ornament, courtesy of Greg in Cub Scouts -- that's an oldie! But I love it on the clamp! Honestly, it's all fabulous!

And glad I got home so I could participate with a kitchen (OK, a baking) post!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

I love it all and those spice tins are the cutest!....Merry Christmas to you and your family Jann!

Instagram