Share Your Cup Thursday #66

Happy 24th and welcome to Share Your Cup.  The party where you come to share whatever it is in life that makes you happy.

Each week I am amazed at the variety of links this party receives.  So fun, and I love visiting each of you!

Thanks everyone for all of the birthday wishes last week.  I appreciated it so much!

The kids came over Sunday to celebrate my ‘big 60’.  Hubby made BBQ beef and they all brought side dishes and dessert.  One of them made the red, white, & blue potato salad that was featured last week.  It was delicious.  Thanks Robin!

DSCN0824

Hubby made me the suck candy rose bouquet that says, “it sucks to get old”.  Who knew he was so creative?

DSCN0831

They all dressed in black and my 12 year old granddaughter said, “Grandma, I don’t get it, why are we dressed in black?”   I had to explain to her that she was mourning the passing of my youth.  She was nice enough to say that even though I had wrinkles; I didn’t look that old, I looked more like ‘40’.  Yeah right, I didn’t have the heart to tell her that her mom would be ‘40’ on her next birthday. lol!

I may be old, but this girl can still have fun!  Here I am with my inflatable walker.

DSCN0836

And how funny is this?  My hair net to protect my poof, a funnel turned hearing aid, old lady glasses, and a new duster.  Yahoo this granny rocks!

Thanks kids for all of the good laughs!

DSCN0838

A lot of the blogs I visited last week had word verification on.  If you want more comments I suggest you take it off.  Not sure if you have it?  Try leaving yourself a comment.

Now for this weeks features:

You have got to go visit to see what Kassandra Shabby did to create this amazing detail on an old mirror.

Victorian mirror (16)

Poppy from With a Dash of Color shared her summer garden and some of the fun things she has created.  You must go see!

PicMonkey Collage 3 watermarked

Ricki from The Questionable Homesteader lives at the back of her parents home.  She felt as if visitors got lost in their beautiful garden.  She made a creative welcome to brighten the entrance to her home.

2013-05-21-7-1024x768

Francine from Ethereal Plus What I Love shared her new kitchen back splash.  Love her entire kitchen!

new kit photos 4

Simply Suzannes is often whipping up something delicious.  Look at this gorgeous shortcake!

3240 with text

These last two blogs are bonus features that I have featured recently.  But you know that I am such a lover of red, that I could not resist but to feature them again!

Paintin Patti's craft room had me oohing and ahhing with each and every photo.

Photo Jul 13, 2013, 6_10 PM

And how amazing is this ‘estate sale’ find cart shared by Verna from Helen and Her Daughters?  You will not believe what she paid for it!

blog17

can’t wait to see what has filled your cup this week!

Now let’s Party!

A few rules and then let the fun begin! 1. I would love for you to be a follower of Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson.
2. Link up a particular post and not your entire blog. Please limit your links to no more than three.
3. Please have a link back to this post. That way others will know where the party is. Feel free to grab my button on the sidebar if you’d like. Only those with a link back will be featured.
4. Please find time to visit at least two other participants. It’s a great way to find new friends.

After you link up please come back and leave a comment. They help to fill my cup

54 comments

Trisha said...

Happy Birthday! Thanks for hosting!

~Trisha

Debra@CommonGround said...

Hi Jann, Happy Belated Birthday. we're in the same B'Day Boat! Leave it to our kids to help us celebrate...ha ha! Thanks for hosting, just linked up!

Lynda Bergman Decorative Artisan said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like you had lots of fun. Lynda

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Oh Jann, you are TOO cute! Happy 60th Birthday to you. What a fun time you must've had...love all the gag gifts!! Thanks for much for hosting.

Susie said...

Jann, If you didn't feel old before your party...well dang girl, those gifts would do it. I think you are a very young looking 60...your g.daughter's right..60 is the new 40 .LOL I enjoyed your post, knowing your family and you have a great sense of humor.xoxo,Susie

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

Well, you sure wear 60 well! I love the fun party they threw for you. Thanks for hosting, Jann!
Liz

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Looks and sounds like you had a fun
birthday celebration! Happy Birthday!
I don't have a post to contribute this week, as taking a break.
Enjoy your evening.

Poppy @ With a Dash of Color said...

Oh Jann, I agree with your grand-daughter you don't look 60 at all! I love the first picture with you holding the balloons and the pretty red chiffon blouse looks awesome on you. Happy Birthday to you! And thanks a bunch for featuring my summer garden and for hosting:) Have a lovely evening!Big birthday hugs,Poppy

must love junk said...

Looks like you had a fun birthday! You look fantastic! :)
Thanks for hosting,
Susan

Helen and her Daughters said...

Looks like your had a wonderful Birthday celebrating with family! Thanks for featuring the Bar Cart, can't believe my luck and can't believe that it was in perfect condition and painted red! What a wonderful party you host each week!

Simply Suzannes at Home said...

Suzanne of Simply Suzannes at Home

I loved seeing your birthday photos. Sure looks like you folks know how to laugh and have a good time!
Thank you for featuring my Very Berry Shortcakes on SYC!
Have a beautiful week!
Suzanne

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a fabulous birthday! Thanks for hosting SYC!

Tarnished Royalty said...

Love your pictures, what a good sport you are!! ~Ann @ Tarnished Royalty

FABBY'S LIVING said...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful bithday and your hubby is so sweet! Now, I am gonna get that Walker immediately, this way I'll be prepared for OLD AGE, LOL!!!...too cute! You look wonderful, sweet friend. Thanks for the lovely tea party. Hugs,
FABBY

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

You look like you had a blast on your birthday, Jann! And you look fabulous! Thanks for hosting.

Blessings,
Sandi

Patti said...

You are so sweet to feature my Craftroom. Thank you so much. Happy Birthday! I'm just a few years behind you, so I was checking out that walker! You are so cute!

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

Looks like you had a wonderful 60th, Jann :) Thanks for the party and have a great rest of the week! ~Pernilla

Denise @ secondtimearoundfinds said...

Your family certainly knows how to party. Happy 60th Birthday, a definite milestone. Thanks for hosting.
Denise

Stacey said...

Happy Birthday girl!! Your party looks like it was so much fun. Very thoughtful family. :)

Kassandra said...

Happy belated birthday, Jann! I love the funny way you and family celebrated the event; after all we are the same age as our Souls, and a Soul which can laugh on itself will be FOREVER young! A huge thank for the feature, it´s very encouraging for me to keep on creating little pretty things...
Warmest hugs,
K.

The Charm of Home said...

Happy birthday Jann! Love that walker! Thanks for hosting!
Sherry

Heaven's Walk said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you, Jann!!!! You are the prettiest, youngest looking gal with an inflatable walker that I've ever seen! lol So glad that you had such a fun day, sweetie! ♥

xoxo laurie

priscilla said...

Happy Birthday Jann ! You look too young to be 60 !!!

Rob Hunt said...

Great Party! Fun family.
Happy 60th Birthday Jann.
Thanks for hosting.
Rob

The Polka Dot Closet said...

OMG, I missed your birthday, you look fabulous!!!! I agree with your grand daughter, honestly, you look 40, what a body girlfriend!!! Great pictures!

Carol

NanaDiana said...

Happy Birthday- You look wonderful- I would NeveR guess your age. Blessings- xo Diana

Madonna/aka/Ms Lemon of Make Mine Lemon said...

Sounds like a fun party - Happy 60. Thanks for hosting a great party.

Maureen Wyatt said...

Sixty isn't all that bad when you can be such a good sport about it!

Karie said...

Well, Happy Birthday! Looks like it was a fabulous time. And yes, you look great. Also great picks for this week. I always love partying at your place. Hugs, Karie

Linda W. said...

Happy Birthday! Loved all your gifts.

Diane said...

Happy Birthday Jann. Love the inflatable walker and you look so stylish! Thanks for hosting!

Heirloom treasures said...

Happy Birthday and my word you do only look 40. Looks like you had heaps of fun.x

Anonymous said...

Great party photos, love the inflatable walker! Ha ha! Great picks, I love that red cart. Have a great weekend- Dawn

bj said...

hahhhaaa...the walker is a riot...
I agree with your grandgirl...you don't look near 60.

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

Oh MY that inflatable walker...LOL!

Cottage and Broome said...

Jann, your granddaughter was right you don't look a day over 40!!! Looks like you all had fun at you birthday celebration and your were a good sport! Love the craft room you featured will have to pop over there to take a look. Thanks for hosting, Laura

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Great photos Jan, looks like you had a terrific birthday! Wow you are a good sport in those costumes, but you are youthful and gorgeous in your red. Thank for hosting and happy belated birthday from another oldie, lol. :) Pam

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You look MAVVVVELOUS my friend! And it looks like you had fun, too! Just remember...you're still younger than me! And I think I have that duster! heehee! I showed hubby the walker...that is too too funny! Happy Birthday my friend...keep celebrating! Sweet hugs, Diane

Artsy VaVa said...

Happy Birthday Jann!!!

ornate splendor said...

Happy Birthday, Jann! Looks like you and your family had a great time at your birthday party! Thank you for hosting this party. Cheers, Catherine

Vickie @ makingoursustainablelife.com said...

Happy Birthday - you look "mah-ve-lus"! It looks like you had a great party! Thanks for hosting - as always - this wonderful party! I hope the rest of your day is awesome!

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

Happy Birthday Jann! You are a gorgeous 60 year old!

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

I'm obviously late to wish a happy birthday! It looks like you had a lot of fun at your party.
That white kitchen you featured is lovely.

Shannon said...

I love all the pictures!! Your party looks like it was a blast!!

Gayle said...

What a great family you have to make your birthday so special. FUN!

Stacey Johnson said...

Happy, Happy Birthday!

Laura Turner said...

Happy Birthday! I agree with your granddaughter that you look more like 40! What a fun time with your family. Love the flower-getting old sucks and that gorgeous glass cake stand!

Birthday hug to you!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Looks like you had a great birthday! Turning 60 is fun! Thanks for hosting this great party!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Jann,
Happy Birthday!!

Looks like you had such a fun celebration!!

Thanks so much for hosting!!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Art and Sand said...

What a fun 60th birthday party - mine was so long ago I can't remember what we did!

Thanks for hosting.

Donna said...

Happy belated birthday, Jann! Your inflatable walker is hilarious! You never know when you might need one of those:) I had a "big" birthday a few months ago (5-0, yikes!!). Have a great weekend!

Jemma@athomewithjemma said...

Hi Dear Jann,
Just got back in town-Happy Birthday to you!! Looks like you had a lovely and fun celebration! You are such a doll and know how to celebrate in style:)
Linked up too!
Sweet Hugs!!
Jemma

sweetbriardreams said...

Happy Belated Birthday Jann, I am so sorry I hadn't seen your post before (just catching up now!). I love the zimmer frame!! Take care. xx

Fran said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Jann! What a fun celebration. I love your granddaughter's comment, I would take it that you and your daughter could pass for sisters! Have a wonderful week :) --Fran

Instagram