Cha-Cha-Changes. . .

I’m sure you’re all familiar with the domino effect.  You know when you move something or get something new and then you have to do a bit of moving around to make things looked balanced.

I was playing a little of that yesterday.  Three months ago we ordered a new sectional for our upstairs family room.  We needed furniture for downstairs and decided that we would move the red leather down and buy new for up here.  They delivered it on Tuesday.

Usually when I go shopping I know just exactly what I love.  This time I had a difficult time.  Everything out there was neutral.  Not that I didn’t love it, but was it practical in our family room that we use 24-7?

IMG_2847

I finally bit the bullet and ordered it.  The material has a linen look, but has polyester in it so it should wear well.  The only thing worrying me now is tiny grandie hand prints.  I don’t want to be one of those grandmas that are constantly getting after the kids.  I want them to feel welcome and relaxed.

This is what we had before.  A red leather couch and love seat.  No worries, just wiped clean.  I had seen this set at a Home Show and fell in love with it about 4 years ago.  Ordered it and although we have really loved it, it really is a bit small for my 6’3” hubby.  Notice how it’s just pushed back?  Waiting for someone to come help us carry it downstairs.  That will happen tonight.

IMG_2844

I love the new set and it really does look fresh and clean.  Still trying to decide which coffee table to put with it.  I can shop around the house and I have a couple of choices. 

IMG_2845

I got to pick the fabric for the pillows.  I tried to stay with the colors I already had.  Red, aqua, and green.  I love the bits of mustard too!

IMG_2849

IMG_2848

Goes pretty cute with my green houndstooth chair.

IMG_2851

IMG_2850

Like I said, I did a bit of moving around.  I had to smile because yesterday when I got up hubby said, “Jann, this is what I think we need to do.  He then proceeded to tell me that I needed to move the table that I painted houndstooth behind the sofa and the little green one into the walkway”.  Hmmm, since when did he become a decorator?  lol!  Hidden talent for sure!

IMG_2852

Originally this was in front of the window and the houndstooth table was here.  Good call hubby!  It’s amazing how this new sofa brings out the color of my blue ‘Silver Sage’ painted wall.  A lot of people never even noticed that it was blue.  In fact my dil asked me not to long ago if we had just painted it.  I laughed, did that about 6 months after we moved in.

IMG_2854

I might switch this little end table out for some trunks I have upstairs.  Like I say, cha-cha-changes.  It never ends!

IMG_2846

Change can sometimes be difficult, but if we don’t stress and just work with it, it’s so much fun!

Any changes in your life lately?

hugs,

Jann

I will be sharing with these lovely parties:

Common Ground for Be Inspired

The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home

Rooted in Thyme for Simple and Sweet Fridays

The Scoop

28 comments

Penny @ Penny's Vintage Home said...

Your new sofa is just gorgeous! Hugs, Penny

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love your new sofa and you'll be able to change your pillows out for a new look or even for the seasons! Very nice!

priscilla said...

Love your new sectional ! I also love that comment , I can shop around the house for a coffee table ! I think I need to stop by and shop around your house too :) Looks fabulous, Jann !

Dewena said...

I have to sometimes pull my husband kicking and screaming into changes but he is often able to put his finger on what's wrong with something in a room. Maybe because for years we owned a garden center and he "styled" everything there, so he looks at it from a marketing standpoint.

Your new sofa is lovely, and the pillows you chose also. And yes, I love it when one change leads to another and you end up looking at something entirely different from the past.

You have a whole new fresh look now!

Lorrie said...

I love the new sectional - it really makes the room look different. Your tables are all so pretty, too.

Tea in the Library said...

Love both the red leather and the new sectional. My family calls the need to rearrange our 'Swedish tendencies'.
I do have some big changes but not ready to share quite yet!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

It is so much fun to change things around. I got a new sofa when I moved and just added a little slipper chair. Now i'm looking for pillows and tables to make it perfect and it's fun!

The Old Parsonage said...

Love it! The colors of your throw pillows are awesome too! I change rooms around constantly. When I didn't work and Mr OP worked 2nd shift he'd come home to rooms being traded from one to another. I love moving from one bedroom to another!

Enjoy the changes!

Leann

Susie said...

Jann, Love that sofa. Your pillows are all nce too. Maybe when kiddos are there....you could use a throw . xoxo,Susie

Salmagundi said...

Great new look!! I want to change some things around -- just haven't gotten to it yet. It's that time of the year - thinking about where Christmas stuff will go and the need to make room. Clear out some stuff, etc. etc. etc. Take care, Sally

NanaDiana said...

Love your new sofa. It fits your room beautifully. It is just lovely and it will be fun decorating around it over the holiday seasons- xo Diana

Shirley Hatfield said...

Hi, Jann! The couch is lovely! I am seeing (in my head) an end table in the same shade of blue as the pillows...or the little white table could turn blue? Just redecorating in my mind...lol! It's hard when I don't need anything furniture wise...so I have to do it vicariously! =D

Jodie Fitz said...

Looking good! My domino has been not as fun - I've been cleaning & organizing spaces. One leads to the next...

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

Ahh! Your new sectional is exactly what I have been wanting! It's perfect! And best of all it will act as a "blank canvas" for when you want to switch up your colors.
Thanks for sharing!
Erica :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful, Jann! Love your houndstooth table!!

cynthia lee designs said...

Love your new sectional...very pretty! We had one when we moved here 20 years ago. We are thinking about getting another one, since our little Yorkie chewed a hole in our sofa.
Hugs,
Cindy

Leovi said...

Yes, it's nice, I like this new set! Exquisite combination of colors, cozy sofa!

farmhouse-story said...

beautiful sectional, jann! (LOVE the houndstooth chair, too) have a great weekend!!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Love the new sofa…and I am heating that houndstooth chair too!!!!

Di said...

Love the new sofa especially with the houndstooth chair. Hubby was right the table looks perfect behind the sofa. The pillows are nice to and you could get covers and change them up for color. Must admit the red sofa is fabulous!

must love junk said...

Jann, your changes look great! I had to laugh because sometimes my hubby puts in his two cents...and sometimes it works!! :)
Susan

Pat said...

Jann,
Love the changes. . .and YES!!!
one thing does seem to lead to another, dear one!!!
The houndstooth chair is adorable!!!
I'll be watching for more cha~cha~changes, soon!!!
Fondly,
Pat

Rose L said...

So nicely done! I am considering finding slipcovers for my couch. Too expensive to buy a new one.

Lulu said...

Wow, talk about a new look! I'm thinking you will be very pleased with it.

Tea Cottage Pretties said...

Love your new sectional. I am the same, I start something and I want everything perfect so it becomes a process. I have to nest and have things just right. You did a fabulous job and your new sectional looks so comfy and inviting. Hugs, Beverly

Jemma@athomewithjemma said...

Jann,
Beautiful! I love the neutral-just perfect and so easy to work with-
Hugs,
Jemma

Nancy said...

I like your changes, Jann. So many possibilities with that neutral sofa. Your red leather sofa would go well with the upholstered chair I just ordered. :)

Nancy said...

I like your changes, Jann. So many possibilities with that neutral sofa. Your red leather sofa would go well with the upholstered chair I just ordered. :)

Instagram